Monday, March 24, 2014

Communicate 2.1.3
Communication with stakeholders is vital to the success and overall satisfaction with virtual schools. Students are students. They are teenagers, they will disappear, they will meet the expectations that you set for them. You must learn to motivate these students without seeing them. The biggest motivator is getting the parents and schools on your side. You need support to help keep the students motivated and interested in the course.

An example of a weekly update email:
 Happy Friday,

Spring is in the air and I love it. Take advantage of this lovely weather and get outside and enjoy it. The end of March is near so keep those assignments coming!

 • Spring breakers- please have lots of fun but remember to be safe. If you are traveling let me know in advance so I don't think you are just skipping my class. I will be here to assist you so please keep working
• Seniors- we are one week closer to graduation. I know you are getting excited but remember you must finish this class to graduate. Please let me know what I can do to help. Use the countdown clock on the announcements page to help. You can still finish in time if you do an assignment a day.
• Need a DBA? Give me a call- no need to make an appointment. Remember to leave a message if I miss you so I can make sure to call you back.
 • Have you been to the HELP site lately? There have been some major changes going on. Click the red "Easy" button on the announcements page to check it out sometime this weekend.

• Monday- Module 2 @ 5pm and Module 4 @ 9pm
• Tuesday- Final Exam Review @ 3pm, Module 3 @ 5pm, and Final Exam Review @ 8pm
 • Wednesday- Module 4 @ 10am, Mysteries Revealed @6pm, and Module 2 @ 730pm
 • Thursday- Final Exam Review @ 5pm, Order in the Court @ 7pm, and Module 2 @ 9pm
 • Friday- Module 1 @ 11am and Founding Documents @ 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment