Tuesday, March 11, 2014

4.1.3 Digital Health


With a digital age how can we balance both technology and well-being? We need to make sure that we give ourselves breaks from technology. We need exercise, fresh air, and a balanced diet!
As a previous virtual school instructor spending long days on the phone and computer I know this is a priority. My typical work day included being available from 8am-8pm. During this day I also had to monitor student progress, grade, and various other tasks that kept me at a computer for long hours. To ensure a healthy balance I made it a priority to go to the gym immediately after dropping my children off at school. I would do my work out then come home to my home office to begin my virtual day. I also took breaks, stretched, and drank plenty of water. It is important to untie ourselves from technology from time to time, which I try to do my best in the evenings and weekends.

Students need to create a schedule for themselves as well. If they are taking classes all online or sitting in a traditional school setting they often spend long hours sitting. They need exercise, healthy foods, and time without technology. This is something families need to try to make a balance of within their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment